Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting back in the Saddle

After the fall 2 weeks ago I haven't run a single step. The frustration was killing me until last night when I jumped on the treadmill (barefoot ;-) and went for an awesome 2 miler. Ahhh. There's nothing like a good shake out run to make you feel human again. And, I ran to one of my favorite shows; Star Trek Voyager which is in re-runs on Spike-sweeet.


I'm so glad to be making my way back from this little running layoff. To be totally honest, I'm actually a bit nervous to run the same route again so for now I'm not really minding the "dreadmill." I know that the fall was my fault-I wasn't paying attention. But on the treadmill I have to pay attention or I'll fly off the thing. I have a 10k race on Sunday I can prep for and after that it will be base building time for next year's marathons and hopefully, finally, an ultra. So, since my DH is taking off for 3 weeks of work training and I'll be home alone with our 4 year old daughter I'll be doing alot of treadmill running..and for the first time in 3 years, I'm good with that.




Here's a poem I read awhile ago but right now really hits home:

I will never know myself until I do this on my own,
And I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed,
I will never be anything till I break away from me,
I will break away, I'll find myself today.

No comments: