Thursday, September 25, 2014

Autumn Highlights

Okay, yes, I have been scarce recently. I have a few (really legit) good reasons for this, but they are mostly the non-running kind so I'll save those for another post. Needless to say, I am still planning on running the MEC half on October 26th and have been training my buns off recently for it..although the LSD run has been a hard one to find motivation for. Okay, update on my life. My beautiful, talented daughter has joined a competitive dance group so this means 1.5 hour practices that the parents cannot watch once and sometimes twice a week, so when she asked me what I would do for those 1.5 hours I said, "Run-of course!" The area where she practices with her team is not an area I've had any familiarity with so it has meant new places to explore-yay! I have to say, my first impressions of this area were SO wrong. I thought this area was just a bunch of subdivisions with loopy streets I'd have to plod around, killing time and miles. Instead I found an oasis of a trail system winding through gorgeous fur trees and under numerous bridges, along a lake and through a greenbelt. Bliss! So this new routine has turned out to be a blessing, my daughter gets to practice at something she loves and make new friends and I get to enjoy my 1.25 hour runs in a new and beautiful place. Win-win! We are both pretty happy at the end of her practice :-)

The Lake

I LOVE new trails!

No comments: